Items of note
- Ray Cunningham succeeded Ali Worsley as squire.
- The team attended IVFDF 2016 in Coventry. Many beers were drunk. On the way home Alix bought a train ticket to Shenfield by mistake. These events may have been connected.
- We had a lot of fun at the JMO day of dance in York. James found that a 50 pence piece fitted exactly inside a 3/4″ bell, simultaneously losing him 50p and making said bell useless.
- Chris Taylor won the inaugural Cliff Barstow Jig Competition at Shepley Spring Festival.
- We pulled the Ossett Beercart. Again.
- The team attended Sidmouth Folk Week to run kids’ morris workshops. A fantastic week of teaching, dancing and making new friends. Ali made a new friend and put up with Clive all week.
- We attended Shrewsbury Folk Festival as part of a sizeable Sheffield contingent which also included Sheffield Steel and Pecsaetan. We had a consistent two sets up and danced a four-set Country Gardens with Pecsaetan.
- Special thanks to Darren and Liz for sorting us loads of new kit this year.
|Adderbury||Sweet Jenny Jones (stick)||Squire||Ray Cunningham|
|Bampton||Banbury Bill (hankie)||Foremen||
|Webley Twizzle (hankie)|
|Step and Fetch Her (hankie)||Bagman||James Merrylees|
|Fieldtown||Balance the Straw (stick)||Treasurer||Nigel Holmes|
|Country Gardens (stick)||Kitman||Simon Whitbread|
|The Forester (hankie)|
*Indicates addition to repertoire from previous year
|Sherborne||Constant Billy (stick)|
|Orange in Bloom (hankie)|
|Cuckoo’s Nest (hankie)|
|Oddington||Highland Mary (hankie)|
|The New Barracks (stick)|